Ofcom today announce the use of special Callsigns and NOV’s to celebrate the Royal Wedding later this month;
Facilitating the use of special temporary Amateur call signs in respect of the Royal Wedding for Amateurs holding UK; Full Licences, Full (Reciprocal) Licences, Intermediate Licences and Foundation Licences;
1. Following a request from the Radio Society of Great Britain (RSGB), Ofcom has decided to permit Amateurs holding valid UK; Full Licences, Full (Reciprocal) Licences, Intermediate Licences and Foundation Licences to apply for and receive authorisation for the use of individual special temporary call signs which are linked to their existing licensed call sign.
2. The only format for the individual special temporary call sign permitted, is as follows:
Subject to prior authorisation, the existing Regional Secondary Locator in the existing call sign may be replaced by the Letter “R” except in the case where no Secondary Locator exists, the Letter “R” may be inserted as a Secondary Locator. For the avoidance of doubt, where the existing call sign commences with the digit “2”, the Secondary Locator i.e. the second character of the existing call sign (the letter “E”, “U”, “D”, “J”, “I”, “M” or “W”) may be replaced by the letter “R”.
3. The duration for use of these special temporary call signs will be from 29 April 2011 through to 9 May 2011 inclusive only.
MØOXO is amended to MRØOXO
GM0ABC is amended to GR0ABC
2E0ABC is amended to 2R0ABC
2W0ABC is amended to 2R0ABC
2J0ABC is amended to 2R0ABC
M1ABC is amended to MR1ABC
MI0ABC is amended to MR0ABC
MD6ABC is amended to MR6ABC
MU3ABC is amended to MR3ABC
5. To facilitate the administrative process, applicants, both members and non-members of the RSGB must apply to the RSGB and on-line only, by using the following web link: http://www.etcc.rsgb.org/RoyalWedding
6. The RSGB will liaise with Ofcom prior to Ofcom granting the authorisations, and following which, the authorisation will be received by the applicant from the RSGB as indicated on the RSGB website. Any queries regarding the processing of the NoV must be directed in the first instance to the RSGB and not to Ofcom.
7. Early application is encouraged, as Ofcom will aim to process only those requests received by 18.00 on 26 April 2011, although timely receipt of the Notice of Variation to the Licence (NoV) by the applicant from the RSGB will also be dependent on RSGB processing time. NoVs will not be distributed after 28 April 2011.
Click here to apply for your NoV.
MRØOXO Nov applied for and LOTW Certificate already received!!!
73 de Charles