The RI1F Team say they are well underway and around 500 miles from Viktoriya Island. If conditions continue to be favorable, they expect to arrive in 2 – 3 days.
Viktoriya Ialand (Ostrov Viktoriya in Russian) is a small Arctic island of the Russian Federation. It is located at 80°9’N 36°46’E, halfway between the Norwegian archipelago of Svalbard and the Russian archipelago of Franz Josef Land.
EU-190NEW is one of the remaining ‘new’ IOTA’s announced at the 50th anniversary IOTA Convention in 2014. Roger Ballister G3KMA announced 11 new reference numbers that would be added to the programme with immediate effect. As of today, only AF-118 and EU-190 are the final two still to be activated.
1) AF-118 CN Los Farallones and Jaegerschmidt, Morocco
2) NA-247 PJ7 St Maarten’s Coastal Islands
3) AF-119 S7 Coetivy Island, Seychelles
4) EU-190 RI1 Viktoriya isl, Franz Josef Land
5) OC-296 Tobi and Helen, T8 Palau
6) AS-200 JA5 Shikoku Coastal Islands
7) AS-201 Sea of Marmara isl, TA Turkey
8) AS-202 A9 Hawar isl, Bahrain
9) AS-203 UA0X Sea of Okhotsk Coast Group
10) EU-191 YO Fericirii island, Romania/Ukraine
11) NA-248 VY0 Nunavut (Devon) Island